Multi-disciplinary interactive designer and programmer. Experienced in managing, designing and writing code for elegant interactive projects in stressful environments all while meeting deadlines. Passionate about developing and designing for video games.
Software Development – C/C++/C#/Python/MongoDB/MySQL
Game Development – Unreal Engine, Unity, Custom Engines
Graphics Programming – OpenGL, Shader Programming,
2D Design and Art – Photoshop
3D Modeling and Texturing- Maya, Substance Painter
Video Software – Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier Pro
The Iterative Collective — Co-Founder/Executive Producer
NOVEMBER 2020 – PRESENT
- Co-Founded The Iterative Collective, an incubator-publisher hybrid for independent video games.
Virtuos— Senior R&D Engineer
MAY 2019- NOVEMBER 2020
- Involved in the design, implementation and optimization of deep learning powered applications on the bleeding edge of game content authoring.
- Successfully applied supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, convolutional neural networks and computer vision algorithms to 3D asset authoring process greatly speeding up required time to create 3D assets for the games and animation industry.
Kaiju Den Pte Ltd— Technical Generalist
SEPTEMBER 2018 – JANUARY 2019
- Developed a web-based virtual “Amazing Race” meets “Pokémon Go” game in collaboration with a local children’s TV series.
- Designed and implemented core gameplay features and mechanics.
- Developed an algorithm built upon the Google Maps API to abstract the players GPS coordinates and return human readable address and landmarks.
- Developed and maintained an AWS backend to support the game project using AWS EC2, S3, Cognito and Elastic Beanstalk.
Freelance — Full Stack Developer
JANUARY 2016 – JANUARY 2018
- Worked as a freelance software developer providing tech solutions to both corporate and individual clients.
- Liaised and delivered customers’ requirements according to the proposed scope of projects ranging from video games, immersive applications, web applications, e-commerce platforms, design implementation to server applications.
Singapore Armed Forces — Training Officer
SEPTEMBER 2013 – SEPTEMBER 2015
- Led a total of 160 officer cadets across two batches, ensuring their discipline while motivating them through tough times.
- Planned and executed multiple training exercises simulating real life combat situations while ensuring the safety of those placed in my charge.
- Trained cadets in the tactics, techniques and procedures involved in field artillery such as manual calculations of trajectories and reconnaissance & survey for gun laying.
Veldis Experience— Programing Intern
MARCH 2012 – JUNE 2012
- Worked on a full body motion tracking VR training simulation for the Republic of Singapore Air Force.
- Being a small company, I took on large responsibilities in the company, often programming major features. I worked together with remote programmers in order to ensure milestone completion.
- Acted as a liaison between the RSAF and Veldis Experience. I was tasked to conduct and set up demonstrations at an air base for high ranking personnel.
Digipen Institute of Technology (Singapore)
— Bachelors of Science (B.Sc) in Computer Science, Real Time Interactive Simulations with a minor in mathematics.
SEPTEMBER 2015 – SEPTEMBER 2019
Nanyang Polytechnic (Singapore)
— Diploma in Digital Entertainment Technology (Games)
MARCH 2010 – MARCH 2013