“A house that someone has died in can never be sold or inherited.”
Inheritance is set in one such house. Playing as a distant nephew who inherited the house, you slowly find our why this saying holds true. Explore the house and learn about the horrifying events that conspired.
I was also simultaneously the Producer for this project and had to manage the timeline and expectations of lecturers.
As a team, we adopted the tried and proven Scrum methodology to software development method and i took on the role of the ScrumMaster.
As the producer, here are a couple of the things i did:
- Conducted weekly sprint review meetings.
- Conducted daily stand up meetings.
- Identified tasks, categorized them and allocated them to team members based on individual strengths.
- Kept tabs on individual tasks via use of Kanban board.
- Created condensed milestone reports for lecturers each milestone.
- Managed and motivated the team through the entire Game Development cycle, from Proof of Concept to Gold.
As technical lead, I was in charge of the entire technical direction of the game and i personally took charge of the more technical aspects of building a 3D first person game.
As the Technical Lead and programmer my tasks include but are not limited to:
- Developing specific material shaders as per Artist requirements.
- Developing a Behavioral Tree based Artificial Intelligence for the Ghost in the game.
- Physically accurate Doors and Drawers.
- Inverse Kinematics for greater immersion when interacting with objects in the world.
- Setting up lighting and rendering settings in accordance with artists and designers visions
- Optimization to allow game to run at >90fps. (We were originally targeting VR)
Things I Did as a Technical Artist:
- 3D model Optimization.
- 3D modeling and texturing
- PBR Materials Creation
- PBR Material Workflow (Maya + Substance Designer + Substance Painter)
- Setting Guidelines and workflow for artist.
- Oversaw outsourcing of art.
- Visual Effects
- Vector Flow Field based particles.
- Shader to simulate Black Goo oozing.
- Shader to simulate going crazy
- Shader to simulate glitchy effects
- Shader to simulate headache